This steer-by-wire steering system has been specifically designed for multiple-rudder configurations on monohull or multihull boats. It combines the advantages of an electric steering and hydraulic power.
In particular, this innovative concept makes the following possible:
- Great ease of installation of the control section and the hydraulic part.
- Removal of all the hydraulic piping in the inhabitable spaces, replaced by small cross-section quick-connect electric wires.
- Rudder synchronization without mechanical or liquid tie bar.
- Optimized implantation thanks to a compact hydraulic power pack which integrates the logic controller.
- Significant reduction of the electrical consumption by managing the start-up of the hydraulic power pack upon receipt of instructions from the steering wheel, autopilot or joystick only.
- Use of a brushless motor.
This system is already installed on several boat models in different shipyards, both in France and abroad.